The student portion of the registration system is managed by a single student. If this is a team, a lead student must be appointed
to represent the team in the registration process. The registration process has the following steps:
The teacher registers with TCRSF. This registration stays with TCRSF from year to year. It only needs to be completed once. The students enter their teacher as part of the registration.
The student completes the "Student Checklist" portion of the registration online. Information needed includes:
- A unique email address for each student researcher.
- The name, phone, and email address of each student's parent/legal guardian.
- The name, phone, and email address of the adult sponsor and/or teacher. If they have pre-registered, the name can be selected from a list.
- The name, phone, and postal address of the school. For schools that have previously participated, this can be selected from a list.
- The actual start date of the experimentation.
- The actual (or expected) end date of experimentation.
- All locations of experimentation.
- The student must choose, EZ or standard SRC - See Forms and Rules - Electronic SRC and Registration
The Adult Sponsor/Teacher can see and modify the status of all their students' registrations online.
If the EZ SRC (paperless) option is chosen, the Teacher/Adult Sponsor signs in to electronically approve the project.
The student downloads and prints a single authorization form (TCRSF Form 1D) for each student researcher in the project. The students and parents/legal guardian
must sign this form.
- The Research Plan must contain a risk assessment section.
See Forms and Rules - Electronic SRC and Registration for details.
The student has 2 options:
- Download the Research Plan Template (in Microsoft Word Format).
The appropriate sections and questions are filled in by the student from their
original research plan. Be sure to include any changes between the original plan and what actually happened in the Research Plan Summary section.
The form is saved in a PDF format and uploaded back to the registration system.
- Add a Research Plan Summary section to the end of their original research plan, save as a PDF file, and upload the research plan to the web site.
The student electronically enters the abstract text into registration system. Printed or scanned abstracts will not be accepted. The system will provide the ability to download
the completed abstract for situations where a printed abstract is required.
Appropriate SRC forms (if required), the authorization form (TCRSF Form 1D)
and registrations fees made out to TCRSF (if the student has payment responsibility) are sent to TCRSF via US mail at:
13570 Grove Drive #277
Maple Grove, MN 55311
The student home page is the main status page entered when the student either registers or logs back into the system. This is where the student can track the registration process, identify what is missing,
and where TCRSF may post questions during the review process. There is an associated teacher summary page for the teacher. These pages are where TCRSF will be posting any
questions for the student or teacher.
TCRSF will always receive registration questions at email@example.com and SRC questions
See the menu item
Forms and Rules - Electronic SRC and Registration
for greater detail regarding SRC options and the SRC process.